View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #38
fxdxharley
Just a nother gear head

Re: 2000 6.0L runs rough and stumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighaas79 View Post
I'd put money that it's not coils, and if you just bought 8 of em you wasted your money. I have never seen one go bad, not that they can't, but extremely unlikely that 4 went at one time. If you did have 4 dead coils you should be looking at power supply issues before replacing coils. Personally if they told you that it needed coils from just data streams and not actually testing anything, i'd say they are just tryin to suck ya for money and don't really have any idea what they are talkin about. What are the fuel trim readings at? O2 sensors responding properly? Have cats been checked to see if they are coming apart and plugging exhaust? Maf sensor readings and map/baro reading would be helpful as well. Would also check iac as well.
Coils are known to go bad on these. i had to replace one do to a mis fire under load. had the dealer scan it during a test drive. all though never heard of 4 going at once. I still have minor issues with rough idle and some hesitation. Ive changed and checked everything i could. i just deal with it now. its got 180 k
71 Jimmy 4x4- future crawler/ woods rig
71 blazer (C4 2wd conv project) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=523589
fxdxharley is offline   Reply With Quote