Thread: 1959 Fleetside
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
dug224

1959 Fleetside

After much inspiration from the many threads I have been reading, I decided to post my new project. Thanks to my brother-in-law Bruce in Calif., I bought a pretty much original almost rust free '59 Fleetside Big Window NAPCO 4WD. Had it shipped to Alabama where I proceeded to fully take a part. Could not stop until I was sure there was no rust. Rust in cab corners only. The guy I bought it from had owned since 1982 and it had been sitting unused under a shed since 1999. When he got it, it had a 292 CI in-line six which I have since sold. I was able to start the engine (on first try) which helped me sell it. I have decided to sell the NAPCO drive train since parts of it were poorly installed and I am not sure of the condition. Feel free to contact if interested. The goal is to make a depedable 2WD daily driver as far under $10k as possible. Kids are out of college but I remain poor. I purchased a 1981 Z28 without engine and transmission for the front and back suspension. Wanted to use a late model LS engine but will settle for a free 305 CI with 700r4 from a buddy of mine for now. He had the pair in an old Jaguar that was going to the crusher.

Photo of it going on the transport in California, arriving in Alabama and after the first power wash. Stay tuned.

Additional photos of truck stripped and suspension pieces. Not a new tailgate on the truck. New Jacuzzi tub for my daughters house.
Attached Images

Last edited by dug224; 03-19-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Add photos
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote