View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
edsplace89

Question disc brake conversion questions!!!!

hi everyone. i just recently purchased a complete disc brake set up off of a 77 el camino. I also purchased 2.5 inch drop spindles from cpp for 70 c10 1/2 ton. now, the calipers from the camino fit on the spindles with no problem, because i know cpp uses camaro calipers in there packages, the problem im having is with the rotors. the rotors are 11 inch rotors and 1 inch thick. i know that the truck rotors should be 1.25 inch thick, but is it still possible to use these 1 inch ones?

and if so, the next problem i would run in to would be with the bearings. the spindles from cpp have a larger diameter spindle than the camino spindles, which means that i can not use the bearings from the camino. my question is, if i purchased the bearings for a 71-72 truck, would they fit in the camino rotors and slide on correctly onto the cpp spindles?, also, the cpp spindles are half inch taller than the camino spindles? how do i solve that issue?

thanks guys. any information would be great, because i really dont want to buy the bearings until im sure because i know they aint cheap!
edsplace89 is offline   Reply With Quote