View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #113
special-K
Special Order

Re: How rare is the GMC Sierra Grande?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEL View Post
hello
yes, I did read that. What I don't understand is this.
Is it only a Sierra Grande if it says Sierra Grande on the
SPID, or can it be one somehow stated otherwise ? Mine
has all the tagging, but doesn't state it on the SPID. States
Cheyenne Super Sport and things like that on a TCE142S VIN,
but doesn't say Sierra Grande. I am curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mburgess57 View Post
Well here are the VIN plate from the door jamb, the glovebox sticker, and a few misc others......and it also has a headliner. I cant be sure, but I know it has not been redone in the last 25 years or so
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbr View Post
My 70 GMC Sierra Grande has both Z17- Sierra Grande Truck & Z84- Custom Sport Truck on the SPID label & the Build Sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72gmc View Post
This is mine BTW, all orginginal... UNRESTORED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbr View Post
That shows Cheyenne Super Sport, not Sierra Grande. Did I misss something?
It comes down to the code,not the description. If it says Z84 it's a GMC Sierra/Chevy Cheyenne and YE9 was a Sierra Grande/Cheyenne Super (in '72). The late 69-71s were an option on top of the Custom or Super Custom trim level. That's why those trucks have both listed.

EDIT: I have learned that the Sierra and Sierra Grandes until late '71 were an option "on top" of the Custom and Super Custom trim level and not their own trim level. That is why you see fender badges that don't say Sierra or Sierra grande and glovebox doors that say Custom.You only got the bedside badge.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-21-2014 at 05:56 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote