Thread: George...
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #51
69gmcc10

Re: George...

So I went to a local shop to purchase some long u bolts for drop blocks and when I told the guys what I wanted they told me that I was wrong and that in his 30 years he had never had a gm truck that used a ¾ inch U bolt or one that was 3 ½ inches wide. He didn’t even ask me if I was sure, he just told me that he would make them, they are non refundable and that I could use them for horse shoes when they didn’t work. So to be on the safe side I went back to the house and brought what I had left of the bolt (a 5” section) to him and the lower shock bracket and told him I needed a bolt this size to go through these holes and I needed it 10” long. Guess what I walked out with, a ¾ inch U bolt that is 3 ½ inches wide and is 10” long. Looking at these things I understand why he had his doubts, they are huge, but he dint need to make me feel stupid. Guess I learned my lesson, if I have parts, or parts of parts, to take them with me when I buy replacement stuff, even if you know what you want, just to prove the jack wagon across the counter that he doesn’t know everything!
Attached Images

69gmcc10 is offline   Reply With Quote