View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #45
toocrazy

Re: 69 slammed, 22"/24" bbc shaved clean

This past week focused on a variety of mods to the truck. When there is so much to do we bounced around a little bit but we were able to get some momentum going in a few directions.

My buddy Bob who is very well talented in hot rod building starting fitting all of the body panels. While mixing original and aftermarket body parts he has spent a lot of time getting everything to fit. It became obvious that is was time for me to move forward on building a work-build room in my garage because the dust started flying. I can dedicate a 20 x20 area in the garage to enclose. I thought I might install a in wall high velocity fan to evacuate the dust while working. If anyone has any hints on this I am all ears.

We had been playing around with some metal fenders for the front tires. I picked up some sheet metal this morning and we started cutting out some panels to finish out the inside of the fenders around the fenders. I think it is going to look pretty good.

A new Vintage Air unit arrived this week and like any new boxes of parts that arrive they must be opened and checked out. We couldn't resist sticking the unit up under the dash..........first fitting was a disappointment as there is no room under that dang dash...........even with everything removed. The last thing I want to see is an A/C unit hanging down below the dash. Next thing you know the grinder is out and we are cutting out an area at the bottom of the cowl. It was cut close to the hood hinges so we could eliminate the outside set of vents to also hide the hood hinges. This allow the unit to tuck far up under the dash so it cannot be seen from the cab.

toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote