View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #66
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Re: B's 70 2wd Blazer

Thanks for the advise, Trilogy! It was only a flap disk so I didn't think anything of it but we put some 3M stuff on the windows when pulled out the welder.

Been slowly attacking this thing the past couple weeks. Did some blocking and found the body work done by the PO to be pretty good. There's minimal filler in most spots but 1 where there's more than I'd like to see which is the right rear quarter's rocker (I don't think it's really called a rocker, but it's the part behind the rear bumper). We took that down and pulled it out as best we could. I'm not building a show truck or anything, but also don't want slabs falling off my ride since that's just embarassing. We welded up ALL the trim holes and the rear view mirror holes, and also shaved the rear side markers (fronts were already done). I left the key holes/door handles and even the ugly nipple of a gas cap...I just didn't want to get gas on my carpet so maybe one day I'll try out the motorcycle cap adventure to atleast get it flush with the body.

All that's left now is some glazing over the welds and a couple blocking sessions and it should be ready for paint!
Attached Images