View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #36
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Original Bucket seats installation????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 View Post
Hey Mike, member "Duncan & Son" already reproduce the brackets for underneath the cab. The only piece not reproduced is the big middle brace. Trevor
Thanks Trevor I wasn't aware anyone reproduced them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevytruckluver View Post
nice work Mike
I am going to keep this one for future refrence
Thanks, I looked all over on here for this info, found pieces but not exactly what I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipflyer View Post
I will add that the big middle brace can be found and removed from any early blazer, got mine from teeitup. Randy usually cuts them out when he parts out a blazer. If you get this piece you can use it as a template to drill the front holes in the correct location and then either use panel adhesive or weld it in. This piece really takes all the guess work out of where the holes should be.

Jeff
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info. You never can know too much about these trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Hey Mike,

On mine, I used the outside front holes and then marked the locations with a Sharpie so I would have the locations exactly right with these seats. In the process of drilling I noticed the dimples that others have seen.

Anyway, I went ahead and used the outside fronts as they would be more secure than what I rigged up, and the console just barely touches the seats at the front corners. Not snug at all. *shrug*
Steve, my passenger side was just touching but the driver side was scrunched up against the console. Also, the inside mount hit the tunnel. This may be because my bracket got tweaked a little at some point? I don't know? But the driver side seat just didn't sit right in my cab. No dimples for the seat but console yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
NICE work mcbassin!
Thanks.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote