View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #28
VWNate1

Post Re : Speaking Of Old Buicks

......Brad was ;

A few years ago I looked at a '47 Buick that had been crudely turned into a TOW TRUCK ~ they'd removed most of the fastback roof and added a winch , boom and Murphy plate (pre dates slings) plus some nice hand railings along both sides , it was from some old Gulf Gas Station and was raggedy but all intact and easy to make run again (IMO) ~ the big problem was : it had a loverly straight 8 cylinder OHV engine coupled to Buick's (in)famous DynaSquish transmission , for the youngsters here , this abomination didn't ever actually shift it just whirred it's way along , sucking up fast quantities of gasoline - 5 ~ 7 MPG's was considered really good out of these when new so I passed on it .

I still wonder , I hope some rich goof with a dead Sedanette didn't buy it to scavenge all those beautiful , impossible to find parts........

*sigh* .

Did you guys really want to hear about me wheezing & rattling my way across America on my '69 C/10 ? . I'll drag my alleged mind for details if I can , it was last August so naturally the heater was stuck on full blast .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH
VWNate1 is offline   Reply With Quote