View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #40
DustinU

Re: 1969 Blazer...To be my daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardjimmy71 View Post
I have the 350/290hp in my caprice. IMO, great motor for a runner, or a base for a build up. Ive got about 15,000 highway miles on it and it just purs like a kitten and it puts along great. On powerblock tv's website they put the edelbrock top end kit #2099 and it made 411hp/435tq on 87 octane.
I will check this kit out. I won't be making any changes until she becomes my weekend car and competition with the 65 Malibu SS.

Here are some updated pics of where it's at now.

I just got the exhaust done yesterday, I went from duals to a single out the drivers side (more torque and helps keeps the heat away from the transfer case). I bought the 3rd row seat brackets off ebay from (custom manufacturing) they are made extremely well and are the "universal" option that are a little taller for trucks like ours that don't have the Tahoe divets in the floor. I reinforced the brackets using large steel plates underneath and grade 8 bolts and lock nuts. The instructions they came with were excellent as well. The seats have room to be adjusted/centered between the wheels, I just put them in to check it out real quick. New steering stabilizer, Rancho RS5000 to match the shocks, found one brand new in an opened box on ebay for $2.31, $15 total with shipping. The front seat brackets are coming back tomorrow from 29od1 and I will be installing those tomorrow. Saturday I am taking it to have the cage installation completed... cant wait then I can start driving here around
DustinU is offline   Reply With Quote