View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #1207
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76C10Stepside View Post
By laterally, do you mean alternate passes from both sides at a 45-degree angle?
Here's what I mean. The outside edges of the seam are better blended down to the surface level be hitting them like this:
Quote:
I recently bought a powder coating system and found a used stove for free. Looking forward to powder coating everything in sight!
I recently learned a few extra steps for achieving quality powdercoating:
  1. Even clean metal should be blasted to give it some "tooth"
  2. Hot Pre-Bake the 450-500 degrees
  3. Wipe down with Isopropal Alcohol (after cooling)
  4. Use a powdercoating primer
  5. Powdercoat
Quote:
That's a solid-looking 68 Squareback you have there! I had a 67 Beetle that I loved. My neighbor across the street had a beautiful Notchback that I coveted. The Fastbacks were cool too.
My first car was a 67 Bug. I rolled it when I was 15 I love the notchbacks. In fact I have a saved search for them on CL and eBay The SB is very solid. The body is ready for sanding and paint; it's that straight. The only rust on the whole car is under the battery. Easy fix.
Quote:
This 69 Corvair Monza...
I'm familiar with them. Great find! Very cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Always liked the square backs. Great project for you two.
My six year old daughter asked me to buy her a car yesterday. The pace I go she might get a drivable car by the time she gets out of college.
This is gonna depend on his level of motivation. I told him I will only work on it when he does. So far so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
The VW got us all distracted, thanks for the exhaust lesson. Great article, lots to take in. I put Borlas on my truck, now I have to measure to see what my collector/muffler combo is. Who would think a muffler six feet from the collector would be considered an extension of the collector. Cheers
It's pretty eye opening for sure. I've been aware of the theory for years now, but this is the first opportunity I've had to implement it. We'll see how it goes. I can't think of a downside other that weight and fab time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
maibe put these on there...
it looks like they done a lot of work to the car allready , just hope its still complete , buing the small parts can add up in a hurry
Fuchs are always a winner. Porsche now offers them in 19" The car is complete. Was just partially disassembled for paint. Your right, small parts add up fast!
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote