View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #33
VWNate1

Post Re : Pix Of Folding Bench Seat for '69 C/10 ?

O.K. , I'll give it a whirl .

Truly , not a lot to tell about the cross country trip , get up , wash windshield , check oil , coolant & tires load truck , hit the road , stop for coffee & breakfast then drive some more , stop for gas every 200 miles or so , add one or two quarts of oil as necessary , wash dead bugs from glass and press on .

This trip I didn't stop for many junkyards like I usually do as my big Brother was riding shotgun and he had to be back in The Land Of Fruits , Nuts & Flakes for a trial .

The few I did stop at were in TEXAS (did I mention how much I love to visit The Great State Of TEXAS ?) and they'd ALL been cleaned out in the last two or three months by a traveling crusher who'd come in and offer a set price per pound for everything ~ they did it all , including cleanup and Haz-Mat disposal..... what toothless bubba 150 miles from nowhere with 5 acres of rusty scrap all 1974 or older , wouldn't jump at that ? and so they did .

I passed many a rusty old fence with pretty much nothing behind it , every junkman told me the same sad story .

We stopped in at The White Sands National Monument and Missile Park , it was really nice and loads of history there but we only had three hours before hitting the road again , the sun fell as we drove west up and over The Sacramento Mountains , I nearly hit a BIG Elk rounding a narrow corner in the pitch dark , luckily I was only going 45 or so so I was able to slow enough to let it bound out of our way .

It was the size of a Volkswagen ! .

As is my wont , I was driving only the tiniest two lane back roads I could find , eating in diners and occasionally in the big truck stops that dot America .

OOPS ! dinner calls , I gotta go .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH
VWNate1 is offline   Reply With Quote