View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #78
HuggerCST

Re: Whats your impression of a 5.3L LS motor in these trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
I personally (no disrespect) think the LS swaps are just a craze. The coolness factor, and all the cool kids are doing it.
I used to think the same way, especially after the LT engines came and went. Going with the latest fad would only leave your build looking "dated" after a few years, but the LS has been around long enough that they are very common now, and seem to be slowly taking the place of the sbc because of it. Only time will tell. Though still plentiful, the sbc and bbc engines are slowly disappearing from the salvage yards. It's nice to be able to buy & install a 100,000 mile engine without rebuilding it, have good power, fuel mileage, and be able to put another 100,000 on it without major repairs. As much as I like old school, most LS engines are outlasting the vehicles these days. It's rare for a carburated engine to go 200,000 miles without internal problems. It's all about what you like though, and what you want to do with it, how much you drive it, etc. Like said, you can buy a lot of gas for what it normally costs to swap.
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote