View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #29
pritch

Re: Craziest thing you've done to "just get home"

When I bought my Panel, it was in Phoenix. I drove all night from Salt Lake with a trailer to pick it up. On the way back, literally on top of Hoover Dam the fuel pump went out on my tow vehicle. This was a Ford F-250, and I've had this happen on 2 different Fords, when the fuel pump goes out, you can still make about 10 MPH. So I limped up out of the canyon and down into Vegas. I hoped against hope that it was just a clogged fuel filter, so I changed that in the parking lot of the local Checkers and got a room for the night. Next morning, it started up and ran great, so off I went. I don't know why it worked again that morning, but I made about 150 miles before it went out again and I was back to 10 MPH, with 200 miles left to go. I called a buddy of mine to come get me, and I got off the freeway in Beaver, Utah and waited about 4 or 5 hours for him to get there. We put the F-250 on the trailer and I drove the Panel. I had no idea how it would run or if anything even worked on it, but it did fine.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote