View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
Dmill

Re: 54 GMC 5 window, s10 frame, 5.3 turbo

well here it is .. after a huge fight getting it out of my ridiculous pickup, a couple hours of fighting getting it in by myself, running to ace several times to get the right bolts this is how she sat, ugly and full of electrical cant even see the motor!
Name:  IMG_0048.jpg
Views: 3285
Size:  56.5 KB
i was skeptical about what to keep and what not to keep on the truck, i was going to rewire the original harness, but scored a painless from my buddy for cheap (well alot cheaper than what they retail) .. that makes it easier.. removed all the electrical, egr has yet to go bye bye but will, deleted my a/c, and hit it with some degreaser.. pulled off the duct tape and strapped a filter off my other turbo just to keep the crap out
Name:  IMG_0063.jpg
Views: 3268
Size:  51.3 KB
looks a hell of a lot cleaner, now the decisions....

i ended up turboing my green pickup, learned alot in the process and ended up with an extra turbo, ton of piping, an intercooler and oilpump and other accessories..
thinking of going with the intake, cam, and springs off 2001 ls6.. can pick them up for cheap and support boost really well.
plan to push 15lbs thru her.. possible meth injection to keep the iat's cool and 45lb injectors if they will support the power..
walboro 255 inline the push the fuel, and a boost a pump to keep up with the injectors.
Dmill is offline   Reply With Quote