View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
Dmill

Re: 54 GMC 5 window, s10 frame, 5.3 turbo

thanks x pickup, ive had this turbo lurking for a couple of years, and been wanting to do all kinds of vehicles, once i seen this i knew it was "the one"

im currently looking for a tranny thats going to hold up, i really want overdrive, but will settle for less.. i found a th350, with a so called overdrive unit on it, the guy doesnt know much about it, neither do i never seen one like that before, just looks like long tailshaft, but there is a weird thing sticking out the side and he says it has gears in it... ive never taken apart a tailshaft, or a tranny for that matter but havent seen one like this.. not sure if its a 700r4 or not.. hes going to get the markings off it tonight for me..
here is some pics let me know what you guys think it is.. is that deal stickin out for speedo??

Name:  IMG959439.jpg
Views: 3170
Size:  106.6 KB

Name:  IMG956752.jpg
Views: 3184
Size:  65.6 KB

making a score on a ls6 intake and 45 lb injectors with different fuel rails thinking about picking it up, but havent decided yet, i figure i have to do injectors anyway, the ls6 intake will pick up a few ponies but mostly just looks way better than truck intake..

also having the damndest time finding an 01 z06 corvette cam, it has to be the first series, want the springs too.. was just a couple of years ago you could find them everywhere with springs for 75-100 bucks, now its all new gen stuff.. if anyone has a lead let me know.
Dmill is offline   Reply With Quote