View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #409
flips72

Re: my 65 fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Wow Flips, you are really rocking that red !!
That looks soooo freekin nice.
thanks McMurphy, checked your floor patch today, looked good to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968vetL-71 View Post
Funny you asked. This is what I just went and found this morning. This 61 was loaded! Some one had already grabbed the deluxe wheel but left the center horn piece, and has deluxe heater/controls. It also had these really neat vent covers and were operated by the chrome pull knobs located on each side under the dash. I never seen that before or really paid close attention to it. All the ones I have/had are just the pull type right on the vent. It (HAD) an absolute cherry BBW panel, I almost felt guilty cutting it up. I wonder where the trim went?
i think you have to be the luckiest man on earth when it comes to finding parts, never seen those vent covers either, maybe some rare factory option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968vetL-71 View Post
forgot to ask... where did you get the rear disc brackets from? Looks killer!!
the brakes are from a company called blackbird direct bolt on, no issues what-so-ever. i did decide not to put my e- brake back on, i never was to keen on the under dash set-up otr the crossmember rig. i did get the rear end finished all but the brake lins i need to purchase a good flaring tool mine is junk. heres a couple pics of the finished rear end
Attached Images

flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote