View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: Remove Overspray From Brand New Tires??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruthaMan View Post
Not sure what to recommend to get it off, however, I have used a product called Forever Black on tires, black plastic trim, rubber seals, etc and it works very well. It "soaks" into rubber and covered up some overspray I had on some old rubber seals.
I use the Mothers version of that stuff. It works great for reviving black trim. I think if I had this stuff on prior to the paint it would wipe right off, but I think this paint is too far cured for this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool18 View Post
you can try adhesive remover or maybe you a scotch brite pad or a sos pad, I use to put vasoline on the tire and then you can paint the rim and then just spray off the vasoline. but if you forget to cover the tire when you spray the body that sucks
It is not quite that much. I was painting a couple panels over here and the tires were over there. The paint rode a breeze over to the tires so it is not very heavy/thick. I forgot how evil the overspray from single stage urethane is or I would have tarped the stack of tires. Ugh.