Thread: My '59 Apache
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #71
Denee007

some pics of my problems

I have a new camera, and not sure of how to make the files smaller. bear with me on the size of my post for a bit. ; )

Ogre and Kim~ you guys are the Yoda's!
Ogre, the firewall looks Wonderful and I'd like to do that, but right now, let's figure out what I can do here.
I do have a couple beefs with this tranny support from Kimbridge. One is the problem I'm dealingg with right now, but I didn't realize that If I were to have to pull my tranny, I don't know how I'd get this support out of the way without having to pull my engine! it's a nice looking support, but it may have to be replaced with something else?
what do ya'll think?
oh, I don't have the tranny support exactly where it's supposed to be, it's close,but I don't have a mock up tranny(turbo 350). I contacted MGbMike, I know he has one, but haven't heard from him. I just can't afford to buy a mock up tranny at this time. I do have a mock up engine and set it in today, but not exactly sure where to put the engine in relation to the engine compartment : (

my mock up engine is being supported by the engine supports from Kimbridge. They are bolt it, but I was going to weld them in, but not sure whether they go on top of the frame like I have it here, or below the frame. I think would look better below as the metal wouldn't show, and when I box in the remaining areas(front and rear of the supports), it should look continuous(I hope). The distributor is about 3/4" from the firewall, but unsure of the tilt of the engine.
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote