Thread: My '59 Apache
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #81
Denee007

A few hours to work today

Good morning! I have a few hours before my grandaughter(4 y/o) gets here, but she's pretty good with being in the garage and likes being around her Naynay(me). I hope I can rub off on her and she picks up "something".

Ok, I don't feel as uncomfortable with the brake mc/booster relocation after seeing Orrie's pics; ). I thought it was pretty geeky on my truck where whomsover put the mc access! How stupid, but then~ there's a lot of dumb things that were done on this truck that I have to live with.
I can fix this!

Ogre mentioned about removing/shaving the rail/flange that goes along the top of the firewall? I wrote him to ask him, but he must be busy, maybe he'll pop up. But I'll be in the engine bay today for a few hours. Any ideas how I do this?

Old crossmember removal? I'd like to tackle this today. I saw where Orrie kept his crossmember in place, but I'd like to cut it, but make it to where it can be bolted back(if room permits), or if ya'll think~ just leave it out? I guess what bothers me about leaving it out, the rear of the front leaf springs it there; seems like it would weaken and allow the frame to flex? but the tranny support will be in there~ taking this into cosideration. So, would a sawzall cut it, or cutting torch(my plasma is out of action). Is the frame going to go "Kabunk! when I cut it?
I was hoping these frame engine mounts were going to go inside the frame. I guess I could cut the top part(after everthing is OK ), and reweld it to where it would be recessed/not showing, then when I box in the rest of the frame, it should look continous.
dne'

Last edited by Denee007; 04-12-2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: info
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote