View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #52
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Are New NOS GM door handles "defects/seconds"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT'S 70 CST View Post
Guys I have to agree with Richard. With GM downsizing over the last few years and the dealerships across the US closing there have been a ton of dealerships that have been around for many years close down and what you guys have to think about is the inventory that these places are sitting on. I will give you one good example. There was a dealership in my home town here in Batesburg, SC. that had been in business since the early 40's and when they were part of the GM downsizing and closed their doors it was very sad. My good friend had been the parts manager at that dealership for 20+ years and when they shut down me and another good friend of mine had the privilege to be the first ones to get into several warehouses that this dealership had because of my buddy holding the keys and I have to tell you that it was packed full of parts and it just blew my mind at all of the stuff that was in these buildings. I was able to get a good bit of truck stuff. So just think this was just in my small town here in SC. and that does not scratch the surface to the huge GM dealerships across the country that closed down so I think you are just starting to see these parts surface more and more here lately.

PT
Good ole boy network! Nice. Makes me have friend...and NOS envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PICKMUP View Post
Notice the NOS button won't even come out, as on originals. The insides are binding from being riveted way OFF CENTER. The other one just blew apart when the binding button was pushed in---by hand---no tools used. These are not "imperfections"...these are "defects", and should not be sold as nice new GM parts. It is not the seller's fault, but they still should not sell them in this condition. It seems reasonable to ask the seller to check & guarantee the condition of the parts they are selling.
That thing looks like a crappy aftermarket handle. Umm you should use the buyer protection plan from Paypal and Ebay. He WILL have to give you a refund or send you another set. They always side in the favor of the buyer. Ask me how I know. Been burnt by ebay and paypal both.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote