View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
oem4me

Re: Complete set of 66 Suburban deluxe seats

My take on the subject is based upon how well your seats will clean up. A discerning restorer wishing to replicate his original '66 interior must spend a ton of money on fabrics and then labor to have "correct" seat covers made from scratch. That's IF he already has the frames. Finding complete individual seats is hard enough, let alone the whole set.
If the back two seat covers will clean up to look near new, then I think they are worth at least as much as the cost of cores and restoration, after all they are the real deal.
If the fronts can be cleaned and repaired with original fabric then you've pretty much got everything you could ask for. The hard part is finding a buyer who wants to stay original and not take the inexpensive way out.
Just guessing here, but the fabrics alone might cost a grand or more (call SMS for a quote). A complete set of cores has to be close to a grand too. Add the restoration labor and you are talking serious money. It's no wonder most truck guys just go cheap.
I'd try to get those seat clean (CAREFULLY) and see where you stand. That'll make the difference. -Just my take
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote