View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
BLK2K2SILVY

My 1978 C10 Build

Well I figured I would go ahead and start a thread on here now that I'm starting to get this project going.

Ill go ahead and state that this will not be completed quickly as the c10 is backburner to the silverado at the moment and the silverado is backburner to finishing our house!

What is it?
1978 C10 I bought from my brother last spring. He had owned it since 2003. He ran it low on oil and ate the main bearings, I pulled the motor in the spring of 08 for him to rebuild it... but that never happened. Truck sat at my parents for 3 years before I finally talked him into selling it to me!

Goal?
Just want something I can get in a cruise and handle with my spirited driving. Might take to a couple autocross events but that's secondary.

Whats the short term plan?
-Its going to get the 5.3 out of my 02 or it will be getting a lq4... just depends on if i swap the silverado or not. Ive got a spare 4l60e but may just leave the T350 in there for now
-Porterbuilt touring dropmember, flip, notch, shackles out back. Remount shocks, traction bars, heavy sway bars, stiffen up chassis etc
- Rear disc conversion
-18x9.5 Draglite XPs all the way around on 295/45r18s
- Freshen up the interior (door straps/covers, dash pad)
- Paint between the moldings grey (I love me some 2 tone chevys)
- Rear sport bumper, 79 grille, solid rear glass, etc

Long term?
- We'll see

Im sure there will be other stuff but thats the plan. I hope to be driving the truck a year from now. Probably wont start wrenching until late summer as my wife told me I have to finish our master bedroom before I can touch my toys again! And Ive got to find time to drop my new performabuilt lvl2 60e and circle D converter in the silverado!

BLK2K2SILVY is offline   Reply With Quote