View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #179
x ReAcT x

Re: 77 Cheyenne meets Ramjet 350 by N2TRUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Welcome to the forum. Im not sure where that info came from, but it is not corre t. I have never ran 92 octane, and my motor runs great.
I did a LOT of research at the time of this install, and looked at several options. There simply wasnt a better "efi package" option on the market.

With the ever decreasing cost of doing an LSx conversion, you need to consider that too. When this was done a cheap LSx install would run around 8k.
Thanks for the welcome, im really impressed with this forum; its probably been the best forum when it comes to truck info.

I was under the under the impression that premium fuel was required. The link below contains the exact instructions from GM. If you go to page 5, which lists the engine specifications, it states:
"Fuel: Premium unleaded - 92 (R+M/2)"

Now you have this exact engine in your truck and ive seen youve been running for quite awhile now, and to hear you say you were running regular is a huge sigh of relief because i cant afford to get 10 miles/gallon and pay for premium on my daily driver. But with the GM Instructions stating that premium is required, would the regular 87 octane gas cause problems for the engine? And if it does cause problems, would there be any other EFI engine that would be an easy swap for less than $6000.00 that should be considered?

10 Bolt Axle Rebuild Tutorial:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536415
x ReAcT x is offline   Reply With Quote