View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #161
UPNADM

Re: 1981 Chevrolet C50 Pick-up Conversion

Spent some time in the shop tonight. I have been re-organizing my shop the past couple nights.

Got everything back together and thought I would test out the new 1" impact I recently acquired. Worked mint, got the front wheels removed.

I was then able to get some paint on the hubs. I was killing some time and brushed on some paint stripper on my wheels. Thought I would just see how it works, a few hours later I had the two front wheels buffed down to metal.

I managed to get my money out of my angle grinder, it finally let go. See the photo.

I am at a crossroad, I am trying to decide if I should paint the wheels yellow, with a black center, or black with a yellow center, or all black or all yellow. I have to think about this. The frame will be all black, gas step tank black and driver step black. I will also have some stainless lug covers.

I had someone at my shop the other day suggest I go blue like my engine, I think that would be a little to wacky/tacky... ha.

Also got my rad support into the shop tonight. I stripped all sand blastable parts and started applying some paint stripper to it.

Slowly getting closer to the shortening of this truck.
Attached Images

UPNADM is offline   Reply With Quote