View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #154
Maximus

Re: My Build - 1955 2nd Series Short Bed Stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Looks good, just want to say this jogged my memory on Retrosound. Thanks
Thanks guys for the complements. The unit was backordered for 3 months so I am happy to have it and install it. It's a universal radio with a 55-59 dash insert so it was kinda a pain to install, you can adjust the knobs all over the place for each application, and they plugin to the head unit with nice clips so its a decent design for creating one stereo for many applications.
it also has RCA inputs and outputs for amps and other random audio sources you may have like an external computer running audio, or a cd changer or whatever... having the mini sterio input on the face and on the usb/sd adapter, along with a usb and sd reader, i wouldnt see any reason to use any other audio sources... but the RCA input still allows for it. maybe if you wanted to run a DVD player through the head unit?? but i'm not putting that much tech in my truck, just a SIMPLE sterio for now, MAYBE subs/amp in the future...

I'm a technology buff and so having such an old car with so much old technology I like having one piece in the truck that is totally modern and up to date with current trends (aka USB/SD memory to hold MP3 instead of CD or CD Changers...)

again, once I get some speakers and mount them, and mount the card reader ill throw more photos up!
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote