View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #1180
RINC

Re: How about some pics of your 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I dig that chrome step bumper. If you ever decide to sell... The only thing I'd like better is a chrome factory '72 step bumper. Everyone says white spokes suck,and I was about the first to decide many years ago. Then it was Outlaws,then it was...Yeah,we get tired of looking at the same wheel all over the place. But white spokes are not that common,are period correct for your truck,and a the other period wide wheels are 16.5 and kinda hard to find. When I put the 6" lift on the Highlander I owned I chose white spokes. They were the cheapest wheels which allowed more for better tires,and the truck was all original/unrestored so I wanted it to look like it had always been that way when I was done. What's the point of putting expensive flashy wheels on a truck with 40 year old paint,small dents,and dull dinged up trim? I think they made it look better than most any other wheel out there. They nailed the look I was after:
Your Highlander is 50% if the reason I thinking of keeping the white spokes. The other 50% is cost .... haha. Less spent on rims the more tyre I can afford.

'69 C-20
'04 Jeep TJ
RINC is offline   Reply With Quote