View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
Pzary3233

Re: Pzary's '63 Chevy Build Thread

Thanks guys for the comments.

I agree Capt' this is probably my favorite year of the body style. I was not expecting to find a big window truck either! It's pretty clean/straight for a 50 year old truck. I also noticed you now have a booster bracket for the 60-62 trucks. I like having a hyd clutch and think that would be better for my needs (as any transmission I would swap in uses a hyd throwout bearing). Do most of the holes line up on the '63 trucks or is it completely different? I understand that the clutch is mechanical on the 63.

Took the seat out last night and had this little surprise:

Could that REALLY be an original jack and tool kit for the truck???? everything seems to fit where it should...

I then used purple power and a steam cleaner to get the floor looking better. Man it's in AMAZING shape everywhere except for a little bit on the driver's side and in the toe board area of the passenger side.

Pics of the floorboard tonight!

As for the M3, it's the stock diff with stock axles. They are known to hold up to 700hp of abuse with turbo motors, so I figure my little LSx isn't going to be an issue without slicks. A 3.91 ratio diff is going in pretty soon. Can't wait!

Last edited by Pzary3233; 05-02-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Pzary3233 is offline   Reply With Quote