View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #159
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Thanks for the comments guys. If all goes well it will eventually look like this. The J flange on the backside hooks into a slot in the deluxe windshield gasket, as shown in the detail diagram below. This is the skinny trim, about 1/2" wide. The piece I’ve been trying to repair is the passenger side upper. It fits from the center of the windshield to half way down the passenger side. There are 4 small caps which cover the joints in the center and on the sides:

And this is the fat trim (used on 60's and 61's I believe) which almost covers the gasket surface. I prefer the broader trim, but it is even more rare and harder to find, so the skinny type will have to do:

What I really like about the trim is that it visually shortens the windshield, especially on a flat black truck. Here’s a comparison photo from the Spokane Goodguys show last year. The black gasket makes the windshield look like the glass goes half way up into the roof. Comparing this photo with the first picture really demonstrates what the trim can do to change the appearance:

Last edited by markeb01; 05-04-2012 at 07:16 PM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote