View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #157
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Got my regular camera back out, so I got some better shots. I still need to learn how to clean the INSIDE of this thing, I keep getting those white spots you see on some of these pics.
Floor and adding the heat mat.

So we had some warm weather and decided to finally get some clear on all those black accessories and trim pieces I painted earlier. Although I had some clear around the house, I saw this "Paint Shop Matte Clear" and wanted to try it out.

With our gun setup, we started laying 3-4 coats of clear down on all the parts.

We let everything cure for about 36hrs, and did a scratch-test on a leftover piece. The clear is extremely hard and layed down VERY well. Even the areas that I slightly oversprayed, never ran and leveled off and cleared really nicely.

Even though I have another round or so of bodywork to do before the rest of the truck gets paint and needs assembly....I REALLY wanted to test fit some components and get ready to cruise a little bit. (The truck is really really dirty)

With the new door cards I showed a few posts back (the doors themselves need finishing)

And the grill (bezels not on yet)

I also forgot I picked up some new sills from member here, so I unboxed those bad boys, and will toss them on when the carpet comes (C'mon Classic Parts, don't backorder stuff on people without having it listed as backorder on your site...thats garbage and made me miss an event)

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote