View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #996
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusedontheprize View Post
Kabwe -

The truck is looking excellent. It always amazes some of my friends when my old man (one of the best body men I know) is working a piece of metal and are dumbfounded when people spend hours on a fender or a hood. I always tell them "the great body men can get by with almost no filler".

I one day hope to be able to say the same on my work.

Good luck on the rest of the truck.
Thank you so much for the compliments. Yes great body man can, but me I still have to use filler I just use very little. If I can get away with a skim coat of filler or use a polyester primer I call it a day. I seen guys who can metal finish to the point of using only primer as filler (not polyester regular 2k primer). I'm not at the point but I would someday like to be. I think sevt_chevelle is. Those are true metal man I only mess around.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rods57 View Post
Cool idea, thanks. I have some springs here just taken up space. I wont even say anything mean after that tip, thanks.
Yeah keep your mouth shut after you say thank you.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I know you THINK you're "done" but I truly feel you're not. I think you secretly know you'll sell one of your vehicles and build another....eventually. You're a young man and too talented to only sell your abilities to others. What're you gonna do? Take up gardening? Stamp collecting?

It's an addiction, it's Meth, crack, horse, blow to us all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nope hopefully I will be dead and gone before the my car is sold (I would have to be in a extreme financial bind to sell it) and I decided not to sale the truck.

As far as what I will do. Man they are never finish so I will rebuild them.lol There is only one other ride I would like to have but it cost too much and I don't have the room. So thats out. I will just be happy to have two of the rides I have always wanted.

Yes it is addicting that's why we can redo them in a couple of years.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote