View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #149
Curt's_72

Re: Curt's '72 K20 Resto-mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSoaked View Post
Beautiful !

Now that I see the final product I have a few questions if you dont mind. I went back thru the build, post by post but still couldn't find the info.

1) Are you using original a/c? Have you modified anything? The eng compartment side of the dash looks a lot cleaner than mine.

2) What compressor are you using?

3) Did you do a shackle flip on the rear? 2 inch?

4) What springs are you using on the front? 2.5 inch I read- how do they ride? How many leaves?

Thanks for your time and sharing this awesome build.
Thanks for the props! I'll address your questions in red

1) Are you using original a/c? Have you modified anything? The eng compartment side of the dash looks a lot cleaner than mine.
The truck had Vintage Air installed when I bought it. The firewall is non-air, modified with the standard kit. I've just detailed it with..gulp..brush on Rustoleum, gloss black.

2) What compressor are you using?
Whatever came with the Vintage Air kit. A new one might have a different manufacture.

3) Did you do a shackle flip on the rear? 2 inch?
No flip kit. Just blocks. New rear springs were alot more than I wanted to spend. The truck is gonna be a garage queen, fair weather driver.

4) What springs are you using on the front? 2.5 inch I read- how do they ride? How many leaves?
It's a standard SkyJacker 2.5" lift. The front springs are 5 leaves. It rides very well! I don't see a big difference from the stock ride vs. the lifted. So far, I'm very satisfied with their product. Shop around.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=494493
Curt's_72 is offline   Reply With Quote