View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #150
SunSoaked

Re: Curt's '72 K20 Resto-mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt's_72 View Post
Thanks for the props! I'll address your questions in red

1) Are you using original a/c? Have you modified anything? The eng compartment side of the dash looks a lot cleaner than mine.
The truck had Vintage Air installed when I bought it. The firewall is non-air, modified with the standard kit. I've just detailed it with..gulp..brush on Rustoleum, gloss black.

2) What compressor are you using?
Whatever came with the Vintage Air kit. A new one might have a different manufacture.

3) Did you do a shackle flip on the rear? 2 inch?
No flip kit. Just blocks. New rear springs were alot more than I wanted to spend. The truck is gonna be a garage queen, fair weather driver.

4) What springs are you using on the front? 2.5 inch I read- how do they ride? How many leaves?
It's a standard SkyJacker 2.5" lift. The front springs are 5 leaves. It rides very well! I don't see a big difference from the stock ride vs. the lifted. So far, I'm very satisfied with their product. Shop around.
Curt-

The cab I am using was non a/c but that was ok because I have a vintage air system NIB. I actually prefer a "blank canvas" rather than retrofit aftermarket pieces to factory locations. I haven't got the compressor yet. I expect mine will look just like yours when finished.

I was going to buy a 2 inch lift kit, but then discovered I can use "add a leafs" for about $160 front and rear and use my stock springs. Since I only want a mild (2 -3 lift) that works much better for me money/time wise.

Thanks for sharing your info.
SunSoaked is offline   Reply With Quote