View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #118
67c10rustbuket

Re: Rustbuket 67 build "Georgia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellaboi View Post
Ok rustbucket, I'm officially hooked to your thread!!! Also Im born and raised in Tulsa,Ok but I have NEVER heard of Mustang,OK but luckily my good friend and co worker is from Weatherford,ok (didn't know where that was either) anyway keep up the good work on your truck I'm subscribed!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Whats up yella. I was actually born in Cali but dont tell I claim to be an okie. Mustang is over yonder east of the cow pasture. Really it is just west of Will Rogers Airport, or South of I40 from Yukon. Small "city" about 6sq miles. Thanks for checkin out my rustbuket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Mustang is basically far west OKC.
The metro area just keeps growing. Before long where I live will be part of OKC metro.

Dan,
get that rust hammered out so you can get on to fun bodywork.....
I'm workin on it Mike! Almost done with the driver floor right now then on to the "B" pillar, cab corner and rocker. Working on another progress marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post
I was looking through your post and saw on page 1 that you coated the inside of the cab supports with POR15. It kind of looked like you cut into the metal of the floor to allow access to the inside of the supports? Otherwise, I am wondering how you were able to get in there and coat them?

The inside of mine were nasty. A whole crap load of... well, crap, came out of them. Dust, dirt, debris, and maybe even some rotted metal parts from prior hack jobs.
Hey there buddy, I actually cut my floor exactly as you did. There was extra room over the front support because the floor was rotted, It just kinda peeled up like the shell of a hard boiled egg there. For applying the POR I initially tried the POR "dauber kit" (think fuzz ball on a coat hanger). Well they sucked, left fuzz in the POR paint and the fuzz ball was too big to get in the corners so I got a little hillbilly and taped a $2 paintbrush to a paint mixing stick and went to town. Worked out great.

Here is a teaser pic of where I left "Georgia" for the night.. No more flinstone floor One more round of welding and grinding/sanding to go!! Gotta love Taiwaneese steel, melts like butter.
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote