View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #119
DD1

Re: Rustbuket 67 build "Georgia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post

Hey there buddy, I actually cut my floor exactly as you did. There was extra room over the front support because the floor was rotted, It just kinda peeled up like the shell of a hard boiled egg there. For applying the POR I initially tried the POR "dauber kit" (think fuzz ball on a coat hanger). Well they sucked, left fuzz in the POR paint and the fuzz ball was too big to get in the corners so I got a little hillbilly and taped a $2 paintbrush to a paint mixing stick and went to town. Worked out great.

Here is a teaser pic of where I left "Georgia" for the night.. No more flinstone floor One more round of welding and grinding/sanding to go!! Gotta love Taiwaneese steel, melts like butter.
Actually, I cut my floor exactly LIKE YOU. When I finally decided to take a look at your thread, I saw the pics of when you cut out the outer floor and saw that you cut around the cab supports. It is obviously the smart and only way to do it, but seeing your pics made me be a lot more careful. I could easily see myself cutting the floor, then saying "OH S**T" when the cab supports starts hanging by a steel thread.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote