View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #168
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

I took my camera somewhat apart, so I hope these pics are speck-free. Did a closed- hood with the new stuff all in place, I really like how the black pops (although the truck won't be grey forever)

Cleaning up some loose ends, getting old paint and crust off of some areas I never got around to in last summer set of projects. Hit the jambs, and cleaned off the handle area.

With that out of the way, I turned my attention to the in-need door bottoms. This was the drivers door I began to work on.

So with a decent amount of crust to replace, I set up some rough lines on the panel with marker and then refined them with some tape. After knowing where my cuts would need to be, I went about drilling out the spot welds (its easier to cut after you pop the welds loose, otherwise the metal flexes more and fights you when trying to drill the weld out).

Grabbed my small pry bar and hammer and started to free the spot welds and loosen the lip all the way around the bottom of the door area.

With the seams loose, I made my cuts, being careful not to go to deep. I was please to see that my doors interior was in good shape and had managed to retain all of its old sound deadening.

Hopefully I can get to the other side and get a start on both of the patches. The bad news is I have to get surgery next week, and may be out of commission for a little while. I'm hoping it won't be too long, and I can still do some small things and make my brother do the heavy lifting.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote