View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #27
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Re: 67 GMC Lift thread

So been pretty hectic lately with work and house getting built, and my pregnant wife, but today i managed to open get the truck on all 4's...got the rear end all set up. everything is tightened down, and looks good sitting underneath the new 35's...thinking i should've gone 36/7's but I'll run with these until it's time to get new ones...or until i get3/4 ton axles under it.

Brake lines tested every ounce of my patience today...I ordered a complete kit with an adjustable proportioning valve. the only lines out of the box that i could use were the axle tube lines, (which i had to totally re-bend to get them to fit) and the rear main supply line that runs down the right frame rail...and that was it. I pulled all the other lines out of the truck to try and match them up to the new ones, and none of them came close...i'm not too happy with Inline Tube...spend 200 bucks on brake lines that are supposed to be pre bent and ready to install, and over half their product is unuseable. I guess i'll have some spare line at least for some repairs if i need it down the road.

But overall, i'm just happy it's finally lifted. I didn't get any pictures cause the shop lights just wouldn't do it justice. but i think it turned out pretty good. I'll wash it this week and throw some pictures up.
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote