View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #112
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post

So now that we are well aquainted what is up with the name "trying to make junky perhaps just a little bit funky"?? Is that a song or just something you came up with? _Later Dan
LOL. That made me laugh. When I started this, I was trying to come up with something good to use as a subject line, and that was the best I could do. When I first removed the fenders and saw all of the hidden rust that I was really dealing with, I really felt like I had bought a piece of junk, hence the current title. After later reflection, I tried to change it to "The Rusty Restoration Project," but I think I would have to start a new thread to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaylord View Post
It's also good getting the wife involved. My wife will help but when it comes to sparks she is not so willing. I will say she can block sand with the best of them. I'll need that help very soon!

I don't think I picked up on your name? What do you prefer being called?

Steve
Steve, yeah, my wife is pretty good about helping out when needed, although it took a little encouragement to get her going with the metal cutting, although as I said she kinda got into it. I think she would be more than happy to do it again if needed. She's an artist, so I count on her anytime I need a straight line cut, or for anything that involves painting. I literally automatically assign any job around the house that involves painting to her, using the reasoning of "You're the artist; you get to paint it."

My name is Darien, I don't really have a short name or nickname as my name is plenty short as it is. Some people just say "D," so you could always start your responses off that way ("Hey D").

Steve & Dan:

Steve said "If I had known then what I know now (often overused statement)." Well, I am fortunate enough to know now what you did not know then by virtue of receiving your advice and help on this post. I appreciate your help. Looking at the pics on Dan's thread helped me point out things I should be careful with, and the advice from both of you has been helpful in saving me from myself.

As far as the gaps go, I realize it's not a huge deal, but I was hoping I had cut it better than that. I think if I don't try to line up the seat belt hole, it will work out better. I realized yesterday that there is still a little space between the panel and the cab supports. I did not have time to work on it yesterday, as I finished doing some work on my motorcycle, then had to go for a ride as it was a gorgeous day, then of course the in-laws house for mother's day. Anyway, so I think I might be able to push it a bit further in if I ignore that hole and create a new one after I move it up.

I will probably try and get a little more done tonight and hopefully post again. I need to find our tile saw - I want to attach a metal cutting wheel on it so I can cut down the A-pillar patch panel to the right size and keep the cut perfectly straight.

Darien
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote