View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 03:32 AM   #10
Phoax

Re: Lilith, '67 C10 Flatbed

I live 2.5 hours from my truck so I can only work on it on the weekends. When I was removing the stock spindles I ripped a lower ball joint boot. Nobody stocked it in town so I plan to get the brakes finished this weekend. Nobody sells just the boot so I had to order lower ball joint assemblies. Hopefully my neighbor has a ball joint press so I can put in the new ones even though the current ones are fine.
I'm in the process of mudding and taping my parents garage so every work surface has stuff piled on it. I'm glad I have a flatbed. All my parts are laid out on it.

On a side note I bought myself a new daily driver a few days ago. Subaru Impreza RS 5 speed. It's the first non american car I've ever had (my 7th car). I was looking for an affordable 4wd sports car and america doesn't make one. All independent suspension, horizontal engine with equal length front drive shafts. It's severely lacking in the V8 department though.

I cruised at 70 down a loose gravel road for miles and took some on/off ramps at over 60 on the drive home after I bought it. This thing is fun to drive. It reminds me of the Fiero GT I used to have. I'm gonna put some snow tires on it and shred this winter.
Phoax is offline   Reply With Quote