View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Gator Alum

Danny Boy's '59 4 Eyes Project

Hello all! Thank you to everyone's kind words throughout my searching and the actual acquisition of the truck. She is a beauty and I can't wait to get her back home. She'll be in my driveway in about a week. Almost completely stock except for a paint job 15 years ago and the wood in the bed. Truck is in great shape as it was stored in a garage for 10 years. Only significant rust areas I have seen were the cab corners and lower hinge pockets on both doors.

Plan for the truck:
First steps would be to get her in to a reliable driver.
  • Brake line fix - rear brakes currently not working as the line is kinked or rusted or broken
  • Replace all fluids (transmission, rear end, oil, coolant, brakes)
  • New spark plugs
  • Purchase some used tires as current ones are dry rotted
  • New battery
Future for the truck:
I want to keep her as a driver but begin working on adding those modern day creature comforts. No plans to drop the truck excessively or c-notching, I like the nostalgic look.
  • Power steering
  • Modern radio
  • Disc brakes
  • Air conditioning
  • Maybe IFS someday
For the first round, can anyone else provide suggestions on what else to go through to make her safe and reliable before I start taking her out on the road? I attempted to search for lists, but ran out of ideas for search strings.

As always, thanks guys! Oh and I know you love pics! I think I posted most of these already in other threads, but might as well get the official build thread going.
Attached Images

Gator Alum is offline   Reply With Quote