View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #157
Maximus

Re: My Build - 1955 2nd Series Short Bed Stepside

Life has been keeping me busy but i am getting a little time here and there for the truck... I FINALLY got my heater core (re-cored) back and assembled my heater box, i dont think i have a final pic of it but here is one of the core in the box... also broke down and just bought the ABS molded speaker kick panels, and im glad i did. so simple, and so clean... and they fit in and saved me hours of work... I'll have to cut the pass. side if I want the clean/fresh air vent from the deluxe heater but thats not an big deal at all...
Also cut my new vent cables to size and hooked em up, they fit GREAT it the throttle and wiper spots between the lighter hole on the dash. I like how they look and it keeps em from hanging under the dash, and I dont expect them to interfeer with a wiper assembly but ill deal with that when I get to it hah...
Sun was bright so my phone-camera struggled... sorry...

Next steps are to blast/paint my vent grills, re-drill the welded up heater holes, install heater, and fix my faulty hydraulic brake switch so I can lower my brake pedal away (the firewall switch requres the pedal to be too high up for my taste, so i installed a hydraulic switch but it failed out of the box... )

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote