View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
SuperSub

Re: 67 Suburban Project

Due to the fact that I work 1 full-time job, a part-time job, have a wife and two kids and earned a degree while working on this project, I have been plugging away for about a decade.

To start with a clean slate, I had took the whole vehicle down to bare metal, removed the body panels, hood and doors. Once all the paint and poorly applied bondo was removed, this thing looked like swiss cheese thanks to the rust. both quarter panels had to be replaced, but at the time I did that part of the build, no one was making replacements. I resorted to cutting bed sides out of a long bed pick up at the local junk yard. I also had to cut the roof out of the donor truck to fill in a leaky 1970's style glass sun roof that had been leaking for years. Luckily, I found a replacement floor pan to install. My buddy Tim and I did the metal work and prepped the Sub for paint. I made a contact at a local high school that has a paint booth and talked the instructor into allowing me to use it. He even arranged for a few of the students to help me wipe it down and mask it prior to paint. I painted it with House of Kolor's Shimrin base in Trublue Pearl. It's now painted and on the road, but I still have a ways to go.

Last edited by SuperSub; 05-26-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: mistake
SuperSub is offline   Reply With Quote