View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #478
kst8engineer

Re: 52 GMC Envoy Burb meld/build

BBeep, great job on the build! Can you explain the front fender situation a little more? What was it about the widened 'Burb fenders that made you not want to proceed with that option (as shown in the first photo below)? Also, I don't quite understand what's going on in the bottom photo. The 2-ton fenders are wider, right? In the photo, it looks like the width of the 'Burb fenders and the 2-ton fenders appear to line up with each other, so I'm not understanding what happened to the difference in width.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEEP View Post
What this did was give me a different shaped opening. The front opening of the 2-ton was too far forward, as well as the fender being 3.5 inches longer. Attaching the front of the Burb fender cured both things. The 2-ton also sits about two inches higher, which gives the hood a pancaked look. Still have to shorten the hood the 3.5 inches.
I will raise the running board to be flush with the body and shorten the rear hang of the front fender and the front hang of the rear fender. (say that 3 times real fast!)
kst8engineer is offline   Reply With Quote