View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
cotsi95

Re: Wade's 52 5 window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
Good story and pics. Getting it liberated from that tree must have been a lot of work. Keep us posted on the progress. Is that the remains of a logo that was painted on the door of the truck? Looks like I can see some very faded lettering.
Getting the frame free from the tree took about 4 hours. Ya the logo says "swap shop antiques" I plan on leaving it just the way it is.

I worked on some projects for the truck. I refaced my gauges using the decal kit from classic parts. It was pretty easy to do and they turned out looking brand new. I need to get a new temp gauge since the sender was cut from the gauge, But it shows what they all used to look like before I refaced them. The speedo was pretty easy to do as well. I also resurfaced the odometer and set it back to 0 miles.

I also got some parts together to send to the platers, should come out pretty sweet and unique. And yes that's the pin and handle to my grenade shift knob.

Last thing i did was mock up this 55 belair hood ornament. I'm trying to find a 53 gmc truck "jet" hood ornament but there pretty hard to find. I dont know if ill use this one or just hold out for the one i really want.

Last edited by cotsi95; 05-30-2012 at 10:50 PM.
cotsi95 is offline   Reply With Quote