View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #44
65Pickup

Re: '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
I've never used Dynomat back-to-back with LS, but the LS did dampen the "tin can" sound a good bit, and I imagine once everything is bolted together it will be even more solid sounding. The LS actually builds up fairly thick; around the thickness of three/four credit cards. I imagine it would be better at insulating against heat transfer since it has "micro ceramic air balloons" in it that has air space, where Dynomat just has a thin skin of aluminum over it.
Like you said the uniform coverage and waterproof-ness are huge benefits. Seems like Dynamat is great for already completed rods that need upgrades. But if your stripping down a body like you are the LS is a simpler step to add to the process.
I'm in the learning and psych-ing myself up stage, learn from others and plan my attack. My truck needs the usual Chevy rust replaced, and I've just got it back on the road after 8 years (that would have been the time to work on it) so I don't want to loose it for another season. I'll work it out, but for now keep the awesome updates rolling.