View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #46
theastronaut

Re: '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
I like lizard skin because its spray on and water based,Dynamat is nice but sticking it down and taping all the seams takes a lot more time.
It takes awhile to mask out and prep for the LS too though. I like the fact that there's no seams or wrinkles that can hold moisture like peel and stick insulation can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
Like you said the uniform coverage and waterproof-ness are huge benefits. Seems like Dynamat is great for already completed rods that need upgrades. But if your stripping down a body like you are the LS is a simpler step to add to the process.
I'm in the learning and psych-ing myself up stage, learn from others and plan my attack. My truck needs the usual Chevy rust replaced, and I've just got it back on the road after 8 years (that would have been the time to work on it) so I don't want to loose it for another season. I'll work it out, but for now keep the awesome updates rolling.
I wish I could have found a driver that I could work on while driving like that! As you've seen in my build thread, I bought the farthest thing from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
John-
Those teaser shots of the paint job are amazing. That thing looks straight!
If you only knew the hours I have in blocking! Probably around 80% of the time on this project has been blocking it... Getting the paint itself flat after spraying it is a big key to getting it to look that straight, though the bodywork underneath has to be right too, or else the flat paint will magnify any bodywork imperfections.

Here's a couple shots of the door.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote