View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #58
litew8

Re: Are New NOS GM door handles "defects/seconds"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70LonghornCST View Post
IPLEASE NOTE: Barcodes have changed, and you can see this often times when a new label is stuck right over an older label. You can see that on Randy’s (teeitup) picture, and I have posted some as well. Notice the different placement of the print due to the change of the barcode length. Why? Not sure. Counterfeits? No. Let’s think critically here for a moment: If by theory, someone had taken the time to locate the original tooling for the handles, recreate the boxes down to the last detail, the probability of recreating an old version of a barcode label, and then making a newer version of a barcode label to apply directly on top is less than that of winning the Powerball Lotto. No crook would put that much effort (or have that much brains to think it through) for a $200 dollar part that has a limited market.

(See the imprint of the old label under the new label)

My overall feeling on these handles

They are genuine GM parts. They are later production runs and are NOS because they are no longer made. Few are flawless, but most NOS parts are not. I know that the there is a high level of subjectivity in terms of how old a part has to be before some accept it as NOS. Here is some food for thought: wine does not have to be aged 40 years to be wine. A 10 year old bottle of wine may not be as desired by certain connoisseurs as the 40 year old bottle, but it is still wine. However, the buyer has to be happy with their purchase.

I hope this post helps.
-Richard
Very nice post Richard. The only thing suspect to me is -
why are only the LH boxes double labeled and NONE of the RH boxes?

Last edited by litew8; 06-03-2012 at 08:58 PM.
litew8 is offline   Reply With Quote