View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Just what I needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68panelman View Post
Yea, you definatly got the blazer bug. I'm gonna stop counting now. good luck with her. Tell us your plans.
Well its not as bad as it seems ( I don't think so anyway) unless you ask the wife.

The black 71' blazer still sits in undecided mode. Thought about slaming it down to 2wd or may still part it out.

The Green 72' I have in the shop now trying to get it back to original, not a concourse build but as close as the money will allow. I have no timeframe for completion.

The blue 72' Blazer I completely parted out and tagged the good parts for later use.

This 72' I believe will become a daily driver type deal. I have enough parts that i can put it back together pretty quickly and drive it like it is. I am just hoping the motor is ok since it has not been started in about 10 years. It's not stuck so thats a plus. We took the original 250/6 and 3OTT and dinky transfercase out years back. I had a 350 4 bolt sitting in an old 76' 3/4 ton that we dropped in. I also has a SMS465 and fresh 205 transfer out of my 69' mud truck that we put in. Other than getting the motor running, she needs four tires ( they were new but from sitting on the concrete for ten years dryrotted all to pcs 3 still hold air but barely) and will go thru the brakes to make sure nothing is out of whack. I can't wait to get her fired up and see if the exhaust is still good. I had to modify a set of headers to get around the clutch linkage and he had a local shop run 2.25" duals straight out the back.
She has a set of old school Thrush mufflers on her. Not the red cherry bomb ones but the blue and white ones that really clacked.

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote