Thread: 2 57 questions.
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
andyd00

2 57 questions.

Hi guys, I'm a new owner of a 57 3200. When I bought the truck the old owner gave me tons of spare parts and original parts including a factory replacement wiring harness. The none of the lights worked on the truck so i installed the harness and a new headlight switch. The truck did not have a turn signal switch on the column and the front parking lamps were 1 wire lights. So I bought a universal turn signal switch and installed that as well as 2 wire parking lamps from Brothers. Every thing works great except one thing. The front parking lamps are only on if the healight switch is in parking position. When I put the switch in healight mode, the headlights kick on and the parking lamps turn off. The taillights work fine.

Is that normal for vehicles back then? Will I be getting pulled over anytime soon?

My other question is a carb question. Its the stock carb with manual brakes. If I slow down quickly or turn quick in or out of gear the engine dies or tries to. What could be causing that? A float?

I'm an electrical guy but certainly not a carb person.
andyd00 is offline   Reply With Quote