View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #223
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Surprised you didnt get some with some of the old buildings in town, or the main drag.

Even been out to Tekoa? It is out in the Palouse about half way to Pullman and spring time is fantastic as the rolling hills are turning green with the fresh wheat growing and you can see thunder storms a hundred miles away....
Just a tiny little farming town, but lots of photogenic spots there.
Not too many pictures this time because it was a real short trip for us. My wife works graveyard, just got off work and had to work again Saturday night so I needed to get her home to sleep. We were both having a great time and would have enjoyed staying longer, and I could have possibly come home with a “major award”! With only 8 cars in the show, 3 trophies to present and a plaque for every car, it was the best chance I was ever going to have at winning something! But we were long gone by the time those were handed out.

Haven’t been to Tekoa – yet. Thanks for the suggestion that may well be our next destination. I haven’t traveled more than an hour from home in over 10 years because of degenerative back problems, but now that we’re on the recovery side of the heart attack we’re planning some 1-2 hour day trips to see how much can be tolerated. We both really love and miss traveling and seeing new things, and I'm not finding the photo opportunities I'm looking for locally.